Coastman Norway general rules are based on the rules and regulations of the International Triathlon Union ITU.
All athletes are required to have a triathlon license in order to start.This can be purchased during the registration procedure. Foreign athletes must have licenses from their own country. Licenses will be checked during the registration the day before the race.
All athletes must sign a document of «Release from Liability» before they receive their start number.
You must be at least 18 years in order to start.
Full wetsuit is mandatory. Neoprene swim cap may become necessary if the water is cold.
The bike must be in good working order.
Helmets must be approved by a national accredited testing authority, or have the CE stamp.
Rules on the bike leg
The bike course is open to traffic. Road traffic regulations must be adhered to.
The following may lead to time penalties and/or disqualification:
- Violating traffic regulations.
- Drafting off another athlete or motor vehicle.
- Use of headphones, or mobile phones.
The entry fee is non refundable.
There is no waiting list.
Medical crew and marshals appointed by the organizers may remove a competitor from the race should there be a health or injury risk to the competitor at any time during the race.
The use of non legal performance enhancement supplements or drugs is forbidden.
Random tests may be performed.
Statistic Weather Conditions
Water temperature, 15 – 18 C
Bike leg, 14 – 22 C
Marathon, 14 – 24 C
As participant in Coastman Norway I am aware of and agree as follows:
- I am aware of the risks and hazards related to participating in Coastman Norway.
- I am responsible for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the competition.
- I am physically fit and can complete Coastman Norway.
- I grant Coastman Norway permission to take photo / video during the competition and use on home page and for race promotion.
- I will comply with the rules and the regulations of the International Triathlon Union.
- Thorough pre race checks on race equipment cycles & helmets may be carried out by the marshals. Any competitor with substandard equipment will be refused entry.
- The organizer retains the right to change the course at any time for safety reasons.
- Doctors or marshals appointed by the organizers may remove a competitor from the race should there be a health or injury risk to the competitor.
- Competitors will not be disqualified for accidental nudity in the transition zones.
- The cycle route is not closed to traffic. Road traffic regulations must be adhered to.
- Drafting is not permitted.
- The use of non-legal performance enhancement supplements is forbidden. The Norwegian Olympic Association may carry out random doping checks.
- In the event of a race cancellation due to a storm or other “Act of God”, my entry fee will be nonrefundable.
- Participation takes place at your own risk!
- The participant indemnifies Coastman Norway from any claims that may result from participation in the event. I also indemnify Coastman Norway for any and all consequences which may occur as a result of this participation.
By submitting this entry, I acknowledge having read, understood and agreed to the above awareness and acknowledgment of risks, terms and conditions and waiver and release Coastman Norway and Aagotnes Triathlon Club from liability and have executed this agreement voluntarily.